EyeSeeCam: A Camera Controlled by Your Eye
The camera uses two main technology to provide such capability to the gadget. The first one is an ultra-mobile eye tracker that tracks the position of your eye very quickly up to 600Hz frame rate. The second one is a camera motion unit fitted with servos that drives the camera as you eye moves. The video recorded has a resolution of 752×480 pixels.
- head impulse test
- 3D examination of horizontal, vertical, and torsional eye movements
- real-time data analysis with 4 ms latency
- digital cameras with frame rates of up to 600 Hz
- spatial resolution of down to 0.01 deg (RMS)
- battery-powered laptop mobility
- optional AD/DA interface for external synchronisation
- recording of head movements by an integrated 6-DOF inertial measurement unit
- head-centric calibration with integrated laser projector
- WiFi remote control, e.g., by an iPod / iPhone / iPad
This post was first published on July 20, 2012.